The privacy and security of your personal information is extremely important to us. This PRIVACY NOTICE explains how and why we collect your personal information and how we use it, to make sure you stay informed, and can be confident about giving us your information. It also explains how we store your information and your rights regarding the information we hold about you.
We’ll keep this page updated to show you all the things we do with your personal information. This policy applies if you’re a PURCHASER, PROSPECTIVE PURCHASER, EMPLOYEE, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEE, or use any of our services, visit our website, email, call or write to us.
We’ll never sell your personal information, or share it with third parties (other than those parties/and in the circumstances detailed later in this document).
Who ‘we’ are
In this policy, whenever you see the words ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’, ‘Forshaw’, it refers to Forshaw Land and Property Group Limited, a national property developer. Our company number is 10560242 and our registered address is 14 Wood Street, Bolton. BL1 1DY
FORSHAW is a ‘data controller’. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information. We are required under data protection laws to notify you of the information contained in this PRIVACY NOTICE.
Data Protection Contact
We have appointed a Compliance Officer for Data Protection (CODP) to oversee compliance with GDPR. If you have any questions about this PRIVACY NOTICE or how we handle personal information, please contact the CODP in writing using the details below:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org email heading FAO CODP / PRIVACY ‘QUERY’
Postal address: FAO COPD PRIVACY ‘QUERY’, Forshaw Property and Land Group Ltd 14 Wood Street, Bolton BL1 1DY
What we mean by personal information
Why we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information that you provided to us when applying through our website, during office visits, in emails or over the phone relating to a property enquiry or property purchase from us or during recruitment, as part of the application process, when you apply for employment with us. We may also collect this information as directed by the laws and compliance that apply to us including to verify your identity, fraud prevention, anti-money laundry checks and reporting to and being audited by regulators and external auditors.
How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information when you communicate with us in relation to the above (for example, when you submit an enquiry via our website, or call our office to enquire about property availability, or submit information via a third-party platform e.g. RightMove or other property sales portals. Additionally, we collect personal information when you fill out a property reservation form or if you contact us with a query or complaint.
You may also call our head office to make a payment (a reservation deposit), providing us with your credit or debit card number and expiry date (or relevant bank account details). Any such information (“confidential financial information”) will be used only for the specific purpose for which it is provided.
As a prospective employee, Forshaw also collects personal information during the recruitment process, when you choose to submit your CV.
How we use your personal information
We’ll only use your personal information on relevant lawful grounds as permitted by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (from 25 May 2018)/UK Data Protection Act and Privacy of Electronic Communication Regulation. For clarity, your personal information will be used in relation to a property enquiry or purchase in one of our developments and in the activity of recruitment, for the purpose of offering you (the job applicant) employment with FORSHAW. We may use your personal information to enable your use of any of our services through our website, to send you marketing communications, construction updates or to send payment reminders to you or your solicitors you use for conveyancing or to collect payments from you. Personal information provided to us will be used for the purpose or purposes outlined above.
Your personal information-security
We have put in place appropriate measures to protect your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those people who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your personal information – retention
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal accounting, or reporting requirements.
Sharing your personal information with third parties
We do not disclose your personal information with anyone outside FORSHAW except:
• Where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so – this will include sharing your personal information with solicitors for the issuing of purchase contracts, anti-money laundry authorities and the police if they request it
• Where we use third party suppliers to provide services to us (e.g. our IT providers) and they may need access to your personal information to deliver that service to set up passwords etc to access client and agent log-in portals
• Where it is necessary to do so to protect or defend our legal rights or the legal rights of others
• With your permission, we will provide your contact details to our property management company, Primo, in the interests of offering you a management service for your property purchase through us.
We will not, under any circumstances, sell your personal information to third parties.
Changes to your personal information/updating your personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please keep us informed of your personal information changes whilst continuing to enquire on our web site or during a property purchase with us. If your personal information changes, please let us know by emailing email@example.com FAO CODP PRIVACY ‘PERSONAL INFORMATION UPDATE’ or amending your profile through the link on our mailshot communications.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information. This is commonly known as a subject access request. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
• Request the reconsideration of an automated decision. This enables you to ask us to reconsider a decision that was made solely by automated means or to ask for human intervention.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party or request the reconsideration of an automated decision, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org FAO CODP PRIVACY ‘RIGHTS’
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please or email email@example.com FAO CODP PRIVACY ‘WITHDRAW CONSENT’ Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to.
If you have any concerns over how we use your data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org FAO CODP PRIVACY ‘COMPLAINT’
If you are not satisfied that we have addressed your concerns adequately, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO. Their contact details are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113